NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE IN ZOOM ONLINE MEETING SESSION. PLEASE CONTINUE TO JOIN AS USUAL.
1. Please let us know if you are planning on joining us for in-person. 2. Only those who are fully vaccinated are requested to join for in-person meeting. 3. Zoom online meeting will be available mandatory.
Vedas: bedrock of universal spirituality – Study Circle Sunday, Nov 28th 2021 @ 10 AM
This Sunday, we will start off with Bhajans and following the bhajans we will chant 21 Om Sri Sai Ram Chanting (as part of 1008 Sadhana) along with Study Circle discussion. The topic is provided below as per our devotional coordinator Br. Amit Palicha.
Vedas: bedrock of universal spirituality
Therefore, it can be asserted that the faith of the Indians is the one faith that accepts and reveres all faiths. When we shelter factionalism and fanaticism in our hearts in relation to our own specific faith or the faith of others, we, as descendents of those fathers, bring disgrace on ourselves. Whether we are adhering to the classical Vedantic faiths or are adopting recent trends in Vedantic thought, we have to bear in mind certain basic universally accepted truths. All those who bear the name Hindu have to believe in them and shape their lives accordingly. May they have the will to do so.
1. Indians (Bharathiyas) do not insist that everyone has to be bound to one attitude, or that everyone must abide by only one interpretation or commentary to the exclusion of other possible explanations or points of view, or that the way of life with all its implications has to be the one approved by some one individual or group. The Indian culture lays down that it is a heinous sin to exercise force upon anyone in matters of the spirit.
2. The Eternal Universal Dharma or Religion is taught by the Vedas. The sacred body of teachings, referred to as Vedic, is coeval with creation, without ascertainable beginning or end. With it, all inquiry into the spirit and the ramifications of faith have to find fulfilment and close. If one studies and practises the Vedas, one cannot escape this conclusion. For all problems involving differences in spiritual attitudes and aspirations, we can get convincing solutions from the Vedic texts themselves. The viewpoints differ about what portions of the Vedas are authoritative for each; persons affiliated with one sect might regard some portions of the Vedas as holier and more sacrosanct than others. In spite of this, all are brothers and co-sharers of the teachings and lessons imparted by the Vedas. All that is elevating and beneficial for us today, all that is holy and sacred to us, and all that is pure and ennobling has been made available to us from and through these wondrous texts of old. As long as we hold to this latter belief and proclaim it aloud, what can little differences of opinion over matters of minor importance do to cause rifts? For this reason, we have to announce these lessons and principles so that they spread beyond all horizons.
3. The Vedas are concerned with and expound upon the Supreme Person (Iswara) who created this universe, who fosters it, in whom It merges in accordance with the process of time, and in whom this amazing universe is again manifest as His Form. We might have diverse beliefs concerning the nature and characteristics of this Lord. One person might picture Him as having human nature and characteristics. Another might believe that He is the embodiment of nonhuman attributes, formless, Lord (Iswara). Every one of these can find declarations supporting their viewpoints in the Vedas. Although they hold diverse views, they all have faith in the Godhead. That is to say, they believe that there is undoubtedly One transcendent eternal Power, that all this has originated from It, and that all this has to merge in It again. This belief is the hallmark of an Indian (Bharathiya). One who has not acquired this belief is not entitled to the name Indian and doesn’t deserve to be called a Hindu.
No gradation for divine names or forms Of what nature, with what characteristics, is the Lord (Iswara) you teach about? This question is irrelevant to us. It is not so important. Let us not dispute the various points of view that divide people. It is enough for us if the Lord is accepted and emphasized. For even though one description and delineation might be better and clearer than another, no delineation and description can be “bad“. One declaration would be “good”; the second, “better”; the third, “best”. But in the stream of Indian spiritual adventure, no description or picturization can be pronounced “bad and unacceptable”. That is why the Lord confers grace on all those who teach as sacred and valid any Name and any Form that can attract and inspire mankind. May this faith grow more and more, for the more it is acted upon, the more spiritual progress it brings. But the aspiration must be related to God (Iswara).
4. For spiritual exploration and discovery, there can be no qualification like wealth or disqualification like poverty. This truth has to be handed down to the children by Indian (Bharathiya) parents. Children have to grow up with this broad feeling.
5. Indians (Bharathiyas) do not accept the belief, held by people belonging to other countries, that the universe was manifested a few thousand years ago and that it will be destroyed finally and forever, at some future date. Indians will not accept the theory that the universe arose out of nothing. They believe that the universe or this objective creation is beginningless and endless. Further, according to the laws of evolution in time, it will recede from the gross into the subtle stage and, after being in that stage for some period, will again recede into the causal stage from which it emerged. From the One into which it merges, it will gradually manifest itself as Many, through the subtle and the gross stages of expression.
Sri Sathya Sai Bhagawan Sathya Sai Vahini (Chapter 5: Basic Belief [Pgs. 25&26])
Please join this session.
09:30 AM – 09:45 AM: Join the meeting 09:45 AM – 10:00 AM: Meditattion
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Bhajans 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Study Circle 02:00 PM – 02:30 PM: Discussion
1. Ensure you have laptop / phone / ipad and login by 9:45 AM. 2. For any issues while joining, please reach out to us.
!!! CENTER TIMINGS CHANGED – 10 AM EVERY SUNDAY !!! Note: If it asks for password, please enter 10081008
For those who cannot join using the above link, please dial in directly using the number (Audio Only): Dial In Number: (646)-558 -8656 Access Code: 965-450-877# Passcode: 10081008
1008 Sadhana Offering 21 Om Sri Sai Ram Chanting during center meeting on Sunday, Nov 28th, 2021 @ 10 AM
“The purpose of life is to know one’s own self”. Sadhana (Spiritual Practice) helps us to understand the questions,
“Who am I? | From where did I come? | Where am I going to? | How long I will be here? “
1008 days of sadhana program is to practice sadhana. Sadhana (Spritiual Practice) will help us to reach our goal of spiritual realization. Once you start practicing something, eventually that becomes an habit where there is no need for any Sadhana offerings. There is no time limit of 1008 days as this is always a life long Sadhana (Spiritual Practice) that all of us have to follow.
Note: This is an progressive Sadhana Offering that will cover an span of 4 years leading to Sri Sathya Sai Baba 100th Birthday Celebrations.
The 1008 Sadhana offering was launched (start of 96th Birthday offering (96 days leading to 96th Birthday)) on Thursday August 19th 2021. Please join as this is open for all Children, Young Adults and Adults. Where ever one may be, you can still follow the sadhana (Spiritual Practice) that will help you to answer the above questions. You don’t have to register to participate as it is Optional.
For more details on how you and your family members can participate, please click below for the details.